Question Bluetooth Headphones Stuttering After Use.

ajayHD

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
I have the Sony MDR-XB950B1 and have had them for a while. Recently I've been experiencing issues with the audio. After some time of listening the audio gets very choppy and starts stuttering heavily, the video doesn't continue playing its seems like it is trying to adjust to the delay of the headphones but, it seems to fail and just stutter the video & audio. I thought it was the the Bluetooth dongle I have so, I tried another one, I tried reinstalling drivers, resetting the headphones, disabling any power management and hands free technology, turning the 2.4Ghz band off, trying a USB 3.0 port for the dongle but to no avail. It lead me to believe something was wrong with the headphones so I tried it on my phone and everything was working fine with no stuttering. Furthermore, the stuttering can be fixed but turning Bluetooth on and off or by disabling and enabling the headphones. Although, it is a temporary fix as after a while it goes back to stuttering again. I have tried so many options and have no idea as to what the cause could be I was wondering if any of you experienced the same issue and if you can suggest a fix.

D

Deleted member 14196

It’s most likely your video driver is causing the stuttering and you may need to go back to older versions to get rid of it. And if you do make sure to always use that DDU utility to remove them completely before installing new ones or old ones as the case may be

I don’t think it’s the headphones and you can rule them out my testing them on another computer

Reactions: ajayHD

ajayHD

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
It’s most likely your video driver is causing the stuttering and you may need to go back to older versions to get rid of it.
Good idea, I am a bit of a driver hermit so I haven't updated my display drivers in a while although, this driver has been working fine for a long time I wouldn't be surprised if it suddenly broke. I'll update to the latest ones and see if that works, thanks for the reply.

ajayHD

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
It’s most likely your video driver is causing the stuttering

Unfortunately after testing, neither the old or new display drivers seem to work. After a few house of use it continues to stutter and wont stop until the headphones are reconnected. Does anyone have any other ideas?