[SOLVED] Bluetooth headset connecting to music profile, not connecting as Voice profile to use the headset mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCP

Nov 2, 2020
Hello Community,

I am trying to connect my boAt Rockerz Bluetooth headset to Dell Laptop Latitude 3490

It always connecting as music. Voice is not connecting, though it is worked well in phone & other laptops.
I tried other Bluetooth devices also. However, the same results, only music, no voice connection.

In sound control Playback panel, Headphone profile only connecting. Hands-free AG Audio profile always showing disconnected.
All Bluetooth services, "Audi Sink" "Handsfree Telephony" "remote control" "Remotely controllable device" are enabled.

So, I am unable to use the Bluetooth headset mic. But, I am able to use laptop in built mic.

I tried to uninstall and install the Bluetooth driver multiple times. Nevertheless, the issue persist.
I have tried to install the latest driver from dell site & multiple time restart, shutdown & on. Still no good.
All Bluetooth related services are auto start and running.

In the device manager I am seeing Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI with yellow triangle. Error showing as Device cannot start (code 10).
I have tried Troubleshooting several times. But, still the issue remains.

Screenshot of all the details added for more info.

Device : Dell Laptop 3490
OS Version & Build : Windows 10 Pro 2004 / 19041.572
Bluetooth Chip : Qualcomm QCA61x4A
Anti virus : McAfee Endpoint security 10.7

Kindly support to fix the issue.

44e54b77-9cd7-43f0-80d0-4d6de56f6548
0171b438-f632-461b-935e-c6214fd32c5c

5dd9e7bc-ec12-42f6-a793-0feafdf88cbc
8f7ecde3-fb9f-411b-882d-dafbcf2b6315

Solution
Try looking in Windows PC Settings. Go to "PC Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices" to see what is listed.
You can also go to "PC Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Find and fix other problems > Bluetooth".

HCP

Nov 2, 2020
Have you updated your Dell 3490 laptop with the latest Bluetooth drivers from the Dell support web page?
Hi rocktalkrock,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I've installed the latest driver from dell site.
Qualcomm-QCA61x4A-QCA9377-WiFi-and-Bluetooth-Driver_4747J_WIN_12.0.0.916_A33.EXE

But still the issue remains same. I'm finding error particularly with Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI). The drive corresponds to this device is Microsoft .
Error on the device is "This device cannot start (code 10)"
Any other program or corrupt driver blocking the device to start ?
Please help with latest driver / solution to fix the issue.

Stay safe.

Capture_171.jpg
Capture2_56.jpg

Try looking in Windows PC Settings. Go to "PC Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices" to see what is listed.
You can also go to "PC Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Find and fix other problems > Bluetooth".

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.