Bluetooth In DOS

BearPup

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Hello All,
I have a Bluetooth mouse connected to my netbook, and all works fine. However, the backup / cloning software I use operates outside of Windows. In fact Keriver 1-click Restore operates right after the initial boot-up sequences finishes. The problem is that my Bluetooth mouse doesn't function in this 'in-between state' between DOS and Windows.

My question: is there a way, possibly through a TSR, that would load the Bluetooth drivers before the Keriver software starts. Would a driver or TSR in the folder Keriver reads from to list the various restore images available do the trick? Is there a program that can 'force' the Bluetooth driver to load 'early'?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards,
BearPup

Solution
This would require Bluetooth drivers for your specific Bluetooth chipset in whatever environment the backup/cloning software is running in be it WinPE, DOS, or Linux based. I wouldn't hold my breath for this support. USB is going to be the most universal solution.

BearPup

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013

I have a regular USB wireless mouse that does work, and I have this Bluetooth mouse that I like using. Just want to use the Bluetooth mouse instead. Was hoping there would be a way to use the Bluetooth mouse before entering Windows.

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
This would require Bluetooth drivers for your specific Bluetooth chipset in whatever environment the backup/cloning software is running in be it WinPE, DOS, or Linux based. I wouldn't hold my breath for this support. USB is going to be the most universal solution.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS