Bluetooth keeps resetting every second

AndyOHart

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
I have a problem that is driving me insane. I was playing some CS GO using a wireless mouse, and suddenly it stops working, and I hear the normal device disconnected sound. However, I keep hearing it ever second. I checked the toolbar and noticed that the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media button kept appearing and disappearing when the sound was played. I went into device manager and saw that the device manager was like refreshing every time the sound played also.

I went into the Intel Bluetooth properties and it said the device couldn't be started due to a power failure? I can't seem to uninstall it, but I was able to disable it. Anybody have any ideas on what could cause it to happen? It couldn't be a hardware problem could it? Laptop is brand new its like my 8th time using the thing. Appreciate any help with it

Solution
I was having a similar issue with bluetooth. Try going into device manager find the bluetooth adapter go in to properties and uncheck allow computer to turn off device to save power.

Lutfij

Titan
Please pass on the make and model of your laptop. Please include the wireless mouse that you were using while this issue began. Did the laptop come with Windows 10 installed or was it installed onto? On that note please state if the installation was a new one or availed via the upgrade path and what your prior OS was if the unit didn't come preinstalled with Windows 10.

Did the issue crop up after a mandatory Windows update? If so then try and do a system restore to a point prior to when the issue popped up. You can also try booting into Safe Mode and see if the issue persists there. I suspect that the device is malfunction due to a corruption in the OS or the drivers.

scorch

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

scorch

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
I was having a similar issue with bluetooth. Try going into device manager find the bluetooth adapter go in to properties and uncheck allow computer to turn off device to save power.

Solution