Bluetooth light on when pc is off

Dec 2, 2018
Hi.

Since I never use bluetooth, I always keep it off in the Windows 10 settings app. Two months ago I noticed that whenever I power off my pc the bluetooth motherboard light located on the back of the case turns on, and stays on until I power on the pc again. When I go to Windows 10 settings I see bluetooth off. When I enable/disable it, the bluetooth light turns on for a second and then stays off. If set up accordingly, I can see the device from other devices, like my smartphone, through bluetooth discovery mode. According to Windows 10 settings app, the device works properly. Why does the bluetooth light turn on when I turn my pc off? This seems like a strange behaviour to me.

As far as I can tell, everything else about my pc is working properly. Except for other thing I realised, which I am not sure if could be related to the bluetooth issue (I can't see how). Anyway, I noticed that if I quit the power supply off my pc completely (no green light in the motherboard), when I turn on the pc again I find the date and time are not configured (I lose my former settings) in the BIOS.

Motherboard:
Model: Asus P8P67
Chipset: Intel Sandy Bridge Rev. 09
Southbridge: Intel P67 Rev. B3

Thanks.

Solution
Same thing happens here when it's off. And it's pretty bright. So I unplug it

I think it has something to do with the hardware / mobo.

On this system (socket 775), it stays on when it's off.

However the same USB adapter which is plugged into a Haswell (socket 1150) system, it stays off, when the computer has been shut down
Same thing happens here when it's off. And it's pretty bright. So I unplug it

I think it has something to do with the hardware / mobo.

On this system (socket 775), it stays on when it's off.

However the same USB adapter which is plugged into a Haswell (socket 1150) system, it stays off, when the computer has been shut down

Solution

ak195

Distinguished
There are several things about this. First, go to powerPlan settings and turn off this option: "Turn on fast startup", may be this help in your case. If first didn't work then you have to look at some settings in BIOS, may be there will be settings for USB, that can be set to manual or something else, but it depends upon motherboard. Third, there can be driver issues, restore the current driver or remove and windows will automatically install the suitable driver if its not present.