cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
Got myself a new Bluetooth adapter since I either lost it or misplaced it with my other adapters. My Windows is currently up-to-date as of October 9th, 2021, at the time of writing this article. I am on Windows version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1266). And my PC specs are CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X, MEMORY: 16 GB of RAM, GPU: Radeon RX 580, MOTHERBOARD: Asus Rog Strix B350-F Gaming. I managed to do all of these steps below and they were no help at all. I am also noticing a large number of Windows users who are experiencing this issue as well with these latest October 2021 update. I never had a problem with my PC being able to support my Bluetooth adapter since my computer did not come with any Bluetooth support, so I had to use an adapter and it worked fine for me before. So I do not know why I am experiencing this issue. Fyi, my Bluetooth adapter is a simple plug n play adapter. See product here. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QL7C6WG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

1. I downloaded the driver from my product's page and installed it successfully. Still no help at all.

2. Checked Bluetooth Services by doing Win+R and typing in services.msc. I looked for Bluetooth Support Services and tried running on Automatic which still did not do anything.

3. My current Windows version failed to add the Bluetooth button in the Quick Action Center.

4. In Settings > (I went to ) Devices > (Under Related Settings, I clicked on) Devices and Printers > Right-click on Bluetooth 4.0 icon > (and select) Bluetooth Settings.

Inside the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC" was unchecked, so I went ahead and checked it. And select Apply.
  • I then got a Bluetooth Service Error message. See the screenshot below.
5. Checked the status of Bluetooth in Device Manager which was not shown so I clicked on Show hidden devices and uninstalled it. I proceeded to restart my PC and my Bluetooth is now gone from my Device Manager completely.

At this point, I could probably just do a fresh Windows installation but that would mean I would have to back up everything that I have which is almost a few terabytes worth of data so no thank you, I am going to pass on that at this time. I am just wondering if this Windows update might've broken my Bluetooth feature. I hope there is a simple solution that could fix this problem or I guess I should just keep waiting for Microsoft to bring on the next update and hope that the next update fixes this issue.
  • FjZE1md.jpg

• Iv4srs6.png

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
I just realized that in my case, I just needed to plug my adapter into USB 3.1, which worked! And not USB 3.0. Such a simple solution that has been right in front of me this entire time! As seen in the screenshot below, I had to plug my adapter into what looks like the double SS with the 10 to the power exponent icon for it to work.

9xrBtgx.png