Question Bluetooth mouse lagging after clicking on "Show available networks" menu

Chacko586

Honorable
May 19, 2016
I have a Dell Vostro 3590 with a Qualcomm QCA9377 wifi/bluetooth combo chip. One of the things I have observed is the title of the thread. The bluetooth mouse is fully charged and the problem just appeared a few days ago. What I have also observed is that it functions normally when the show available networks menu is not open and that when it is open, the mouse lags and the download speed drops to the point where it stops. When the mouse is in use, it also drops connections to wifi, which it does not do when bluetooth is turned off. I have tried clean uninstalling the drivers, but for some reason, my laptop installs an older version of them just after I uninstall them even after turning off driver updates. Does me previously dual booting into ubuntu have anything to do with this? The issue persists into Windows 11 that I just installed today.

I am very grateful for any help that I can get regarding this matter.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you check and see what your BIOS version for the laptop is? Use your Service Tag to narrow down a support portal for your laptop and cross reference the BIOS version listed on said support site. If you have a number of BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version as opposed to jumping to the latest version. When you're uninstalling the drivers, make sure you're disconnected from the internet(Ethernet or wirelessly) and then manually reinstall the latest drivers for your wireless adapter in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Does me previously dual booting into ubuntu have anything to do with this?
Perhaps. Did you wipe any and or all partitions prior to reinstalling the OS? Where did you source the installers for said OSes?

Chacko586

Honorable
May 19, 2016
Can you check and see what your BIOS version for the laptop is? Use your Service Tag to narrow down a support portal for your laptop and cross reference the BIOS version listed on said support site. If you have a number of BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version as opposed to jumping to the latest version. When you're uninstalling the drivers, make sure you're disconnected from the internet(Ethernet or wirelessly) and then manually reinstall the latest drivers for your wireless adapter in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Does me previously dual booting into ubuntu have anything to do with this?
Perhaps. Did you wipe any and or all partitions prior to reinstalling the OS? Where did you source the installers for said OSes?
I recently upgraded to BIOS version 1.15.0.
I shall try and run the installer as admin.
I completely uninstalled ubuntu on my external HDD by deleting any partitions related to ubuntu as well as deleting the GRUB bootloader from my boot partition and deleting the boot option.
I used the ISO from ubuntu's website that was burned onto a DVD.

Edit: Update, tried running installer as admin after manual uninstall and reinstall, still no luck.

Last edited: