Jun 19, 2021
Hi there.

So I haven't used bluetooth in a long time and don't know exactly when this issue might have occurred.

My bluetooth audio devices connect to my laptop, but within a couple seconds, they go into paired mode (Connected > Paired).

I've tried to isolate the issue and it comes down to the laptop's bluetooth audio itself.
  • My phone connects to the laptop fine and can transfer documents and media.
  • The bluetooth devices can connect to my phone and a different laptop properly.
  • I've tried an alternate bluetooth adapter (https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07NQ5YGDW). Disabled one and vice versa.
  • Wired audio still works fine
  • Bluetooth devices won't show up in Playback devices

System info (if it helps):
Dell Inspiron Gaming 7577

Windows 10 Home 20H2
10.0.19042 Build 19042.1055
i5 7300HQ | GTX 1060 (Max-Q) | 16GB RAM
BIOS version - 1.12.1
Intel Dual Band 8265 Driver - 22.50.0.4

A few fixes I've tried:
  • Removing device and adding again
  • Toggling blutooth
  • Rebooting windows
  • Toggled flight mode
  • Connect button in the Action center
  • Tried the Bluetooth troubleshooter
  • Tried setting bluetooth services to Automatic and restarting the services in services.msc
  • Fresh windows install

I would highly appreciate if anyone is able to troubleshoot this with me.

Solution
Thank you for your suggestion.

I forgot to mention this before. I have updated the drivers from the dell website and have checked with Dell Update app.
Have you tried an older driver? Sometimes using an older version of the driver could fix it. If this page shows the correct computer model, you can scroll down to the Bluetooth driver and click ‘Older Versions.’ I see two different Drivers on that page (type in Bluetooth to filter it to the Bluetooth drivers). You can try the older version of either one or the one that is specific for your system.

What type of Bluetooth devices are you trying to connect? There could be a specific driver for these also. When you connect the Bluetooth device(s), are there any devices with...

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Hi there.

So I haven't used bluetooth in a long time and don't know exactly when this issue might have occurred.

My bluetooth audio devices connect to my laptop, but within a couple seconds, they go into paired mode (Connected > Paired).

I've tried to isolate the issue and it comes down to the laptop's bluetooth audio itself.
  • My phone connects to the laptop fine and can transfer documents and media.
  • The bluetooth devices can connect to my phone and a different laptop properly.
  • I've tried an alternate bluetooth adapter (https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07NQ5YGDW). Disabled one and vice versa.
  • Wired audio still works fine
  • Bluetooth devices won't show up in Playback devices
System info (if it helps):
Dell Inspiron Gaming 7577

Windows 10 Home 20H2
10.0.19042 Build 19042.1055
i5 7300HQ | GTX 1060 (Max-Q) | 16GB RAM
BIOS version - 1.12.1
Intel Dual Band 8265 Driver - 22.50.0.4

A few fixes I've tried:
  • Removing device and adding again
  • Toggling blutooth
  • Rebooting windows
  • Toggled flight mode
  • Connect button in the Action center
  • Tried the Bluetooth troubleshooter
  • Tried setting bluetooth services to Automatic and restarting the services in services.msc
  • Fresh windows install
I would highly appreciate if anyone is able to troubleshoot this with me.
Have you updated the Bluetooth drivers (it’s best to update all the drivers) for your system? You can go to the Dell website, enter your device model/serial number, and check for updates.

Last edited:

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Thank you for your suggestion.

I forgot to mention this before. I have updated the drivers from the dell website and have checked with Dell Update app.
Have you tried an older driver? Sometimes using an older version of the driver could fix it. If this page shows the correct computer model, you can scroll down to the Bluetooth driver and click ‘Older Versions.’ I see two different Drivers on that page (type in Bluetooth to filter it to the Bluetooth drivers). You can try the older version of either one or the one that is specific for your system.

What type of Bluetooth devices are you trying to connect? There could be a specific driver for these also. When you connect the Bluetooth device(s), are there any devices with an “!” mark close to the name in Device Manager?

Solution
Jun 19, 2021

What type of Bluetooth devices are you trying to connect? There could be a specific driver for these also. When you connect the Bluetooth device(s), are there any devices with an “!” mark close to the name in Device Manager?

I tried the old driver. Didn't fix the issue yet.

Headset - Oneplus Bullets Wireless Z
Speaker - Zoook zb-rocker mini

And to answer your final question, there aren't any '!' mark in Device manager. The drivers seem to install fine.

TRENDING THREADS