Bluetooth Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2023
I have recently come across a problem where bluetooth doesn't work at all, and I can't connect to any of my bluetooth devices. It comes up with a 'Couldn't connect' error when I try to connect a device, as if bluetooth has not been turned on.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver, and the first time I uninstalled, I restarted my computer, only to load back in to Device Manager and see that nothing happened to the driver. The worst thing is my Bluetooth driver popped up as a USB - and kept on disconnecting (every 5 seconds, giving me that annoying device disconnecting sound, which hasn't stopped).

I have tried everything, from restoring Windows to updating from windows 10 to 11, but nothing seems to work as of yet. Does anybody know how I can fix the two issues? Thanks in advance!

Apr 23, 2023
open eventviewer, there should be logs on why bluetooth failed to connect
"Device USB\VID_8087&PID_0025\6&2ad7cfc7&0&13 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem70.inf
Class Guid: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}
Service: BTHUSB
Lower Filters: ibtusb
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5"

This is the error that has shown up quite a few times when I tried to troubleshoot previously today, does this explain the issues?

Apr 23, 2023
thats a driver error, try installing drivers from intel
i've tried reinstalling the drivers like you said, but this doesn't work for some reason, I thought it would have fixed with a driver reinstallation but it didn't help :( Partly because it won't fully delete the existing driver, no matter what I do
Is there anything else that needs to be done? if it helps, the Gigabyte-GC-WB1733D-I is the wifi card i have (which comes with the bluetooth capability)

Apr 23, 2023
try reconnecting that usb cable
There isn't a USB cable to my knowledge, and the card seems to work fine otherwise (contains wifi + bluetooth, wifi is fine). The issue of the frequent disconnecting is a software error, due to it happening after I reinstalled the drivers. Do you know anything else that could cause this? dw about it if not. thanks for the help so far!

Mr.Tibbs

Commendable
Oct 22, 2021
Bluetooth 5 or 4 dongle should work and be inserted into a USB.

Just booting up your computer after inserting one should work.

You have to PAIR your Bluetooth with another bluetooth device. Just momentarily uninstall the device if it is your Iphone by touching the icon and then turning it back on. On your Iphone it will come up to accept the pairing and touch DONE when you see it finding your computer device name.

Bluetooth 5 is not a blue LED that takes too much power. Bluetooth 4 has a blue LED that lets you know it is working and also you should see it on your desktop icons.

God Speed to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.