[SOLVED] Bluetooth Randomly Turns Off Along With My USB Mic & Webcam

Jul 26, 2020
Hello!
For some reason I've been getting an issue where my Skullcandy Crusher Wireless headphones will randomly disconnect, I hear a USB disconnection sound, and my mic and webcam are suddenly not recognized. If I'm playing a game, it will usually freeze for a while or just crash. I don't know what's going on, and I've tried troubleshooting, but restarting my computer fixes it. I'm just tired of it happening over and over again. Thanks in advance!

Solution
what are specs of the PC?

Sometimes, if USB devices stop working, it could be a sign the power supply can't run everything at once and decides to stop some things to sustain power to other things. Often, USB and then screen are the ones to be shut off first.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC?

Sometimes, if USB devices stop working, it could be a sign the power supply can't run everything at once and decides to stop some things to sustain power to other things. Often, USB and then screen are the ones to be shut off first.

Solution
Jul 26, 2020
Here Are The Specs

GPU - Nvidia RTX 2070
CPU - Ryzen 7 2700X
RAM - 16 Gigs DDR4
PSU - 600W
Motherboard - MSI bazooka b450
HDD - 2 Terabyte
SSD - 256 Gigabytes

The thing is, it's a really recent problem. I've had the headphones for over a year, but it's just recently been doing this. Thank you so much for the feedback.

Aug 10, 2020
Device manager can let you see the power flowing through the USB controllers, I'm guessing Bluetooth dongle is attached to internal USB. USB is fused to prevent overcurrent so using too much power could hose it until reset. DVD is often connected to internal USB. USB2 is limited to 1/2 Amp per socket. Power supply standby (usb) power is limited to 2 Amps. Power supply brands advert the peak power and not the average power expected by PSU. This is archaic rating is based on hard drives that required lots of power to "spin up" back in the early 1990s. 450 Watt PSUs are good for average 250 Watt draw.