[SOLVED] Bluetooth RFBus: Code 10 ?

J_Donk

Honorable
Jun 28, 2016
I have a toshiba satellite laptop (model # m645-s4118x) and all of a sudden my bluetooth stopped totally stopped working. It used to show up in my action center but now it doesn't. When I try to use the connect in the AC, it says bluetooth not enabled. There is no option to turn it on in the devices menu. I had a similar problem before, but I just reinstalled the bluetooth stack from the toshiba site and it resolved the problem. I did that this time and nothing. I noticed that the site showed drivers for both atheros and realtek bluetooth devices, but neither worked when I tried them ( I uninstalled everything bluetooth then installed each driver then the bluetooth stack, and no fix). I also noticed my bios wasn't current, but after I upgraded, still no fix. When I go to device manager it shows the little yellow icon next to the Bluetooth rfbus and gives a code 10. If I try to update the driver in device manager, it says the current one is already installed. See screen below. Any help would be appreciated, because my laptop speakers are shot so I used the bluetooth with a BT speaker for sound. The only info I can find about bluetooth device from a manual shows it as "Bluetooth® version 3.0 plus Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) " no info about the model or anything. Let me know if any other info would be helpful. Thanks.

View: https://imgur.com/a/FkmtG48

Colif

Win 11 Master
So BT is normally on the same chip as WIFI so who makes the drivers for WIFI?

It seems a coincidence to me I am helping someone else whose BT suddenly stopped working this week. although you can at least see yours.

Error 10 can be caused by old drivers. Shame Toshiba don't have a site for your laptop anymore and is it from 2012?

J_Donk

Honorable
Jun 28, 2016
It does have a support site with drivers but none of them seem to work for me? It is here: https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2861124&osId=3333616 . That's where I had found what fixed the problem previously. I'm not sure what year, but it is a few years old for sure (2012 sounds about right). A little old but still works for what I need it to do. My device manager shows a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1ng wireless network adapter. Thanks.

J_Donk

Honorable
Jun 28, 2016
So I finally go around to fixing this. I guess when windows did an update, it turned off the BT hardware swich. The only way I've ever turned it on was through the windows action center (it has no physical switch or function key to do it). Here's what I did to get it back...
I tried using an Ubuntu live disk to see if that would detect bluetooth. Sure enough, it worked. I rebooted and restarted windows and my bluetooth on/off is once again in my action center and it works again.