• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Bluetooth signal keep breaking up

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a Soundpeats Q12 HD bluetooth wireless earphones (https://www.soundpeatsaudio.com/en/soundpeats-bluetooth-headphones-ipx6-in-ear-bluetooth-wireless-earphones-magnetic-wireless-earbuds-upgraded-q12-hd.html). My Bluetooth is 4.2 using Intel driver 370c122301412a1300, LMP 8.256. The computer antenna is a dual band Bluetooth/802.11a,b,g, also Intel. Here's the problem.
While outside literally draining a swamp (okay, an over grown black water pond) the signal would keep breaking up. Sometimes it depended on which way I was facing, other times it would just break up. I'd sit in our gazebo, which is about 50' (15m) from the antenna and the signal was better, although still breaking up, than when I was at the pond (30' pr 9m).
Would it be worth my while to get a BT range extender or outdoor antenna? The Wi-Fi has no trouble reaching anywhere in our house or to the gazebo.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS