Question Bluetooth suddenly stopped working, Windows 10 x64

Oct 12, 2020
Hello,

So yesterday my Bluetooth stopped working, It worked as I watched video on youtube, then I disconnected my laptop from the power source (it still worked). After video finished I clicked on the next one, but speaker was silent, and bluetooth icon vanished. I looked under the 'bluetooth and other devices', but switch was missing and nothing worked. In the device manager bluetooth was only visible when 'show hidden devices' was checked.

Since yesterday I'm looking for a solution to this. I've tried to automatically look for updates (it said that everything wast up to date and best possible). I manually downloaded drivers from my laptop manufacturers website and installed it. Then uninstalled it and tried with older drivers from manufacturers website, same result.

I've tried to change 'Bluetooth Support Service' in services to automatic, and I restarted it.

I've tried with windows troubleshooting, but it said that my device does not have bluetooth capabilities.

One of the solutions I found called for uninstalling bluetooth device from the device manager, and then use 'scan for hardware changes' to let windows reinstall it. I did it, but afterwards windows did not saw any changes, so now the device is not visible there even with 'show hidden devices' checked.

I honestly can't find any more solutions, and don't know what to do. Anyone know what can I do?

My device is Asus laptop model: G752VM with windows 10 x64. Bluetooth (when I still could see it) was intel(r) wireless bluetooth(r).

Thank you for your help in advance.

Oct 12, 2020
Happens to me all the time. Well...every few weeks. Windows Bluetooth is not reliable.
My solution: In devicemgr delete all bluetooth components. If not visible, switch on "show hidden devices".
Then scan for hardware changes and all will be installed again. (And usually works again).

Good luck.

Oct 12, 2020
Just resolved this issue, don't know how it works here but thread might be closed now.

Found the solution in this article: https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/bluetooth-or-wi-fi-missing/

Turned out the issue was that system didn't saw internal bluetooth adapter because of some USB device or driver fail ( I wouldn't make this connection myself in a million years). I uninstalled 'unidentified USB device (device descriptor request failed)' and bluetooth just popped right in.

Hope this will help anyone facing this issue in the future.

Reactions: Susan G
Mar 11, 2021
Are you kidding me? I just spent all morning trying to fix this problem, uninstalling, reinstalling, yada-yada. Turns out some 'unidentified USB device (device descriptor request failed)' was in the way. Thank you, thank you! (y)