Question Bluetooth USB Module is a Mystery!

flon_klar

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
About 18 months ago, I inherited a pretty decent desktop computer from my son. I rearranged and upgraded it a little, and it runs great. However, it has one issue that consistently nags at me- In Device Manager, under the "Bluetooth" heading, there is a "Bluetooth USB Module" with a persistent "!" warning next to it. Device Status shows a Code 10 "This device cannot start." The only physical Bluetooth USB unit I have in the machine is the receiver for the wireless keyboard and mouse, but Device Manager insists there is non-starting module somewhere in the system.

I have done my research, followed all the suggested fixes, installed new drivers (even though the module in question apparently is no longer supported by the manufacturer, Broadcom). Nothing fixes the issue, and as I said, I don't even know where this module is. So I was wondering and hoping that someone might be able to give me some insight as to what this module could be, why it continues to be a problem, and how I can clear its warning state in Device Manager. I'm happy to provide further information. Thanks.

Last edited:

flon_klar

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Win 10 Pro 64-bit
i7-4790K 4.0GHz
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97-Pro MoBo
GeForce GTX 970
OS/Program Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB; File Drive: (2) Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and (1) 250GB; Data Storage Drive: WD 4TB HDD