blur problem in the middle of my monitor

wwong002

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014
So recently, my computer has been fine until today. The middle of the screen starts to blur out and normally, this wouldn't affect me. Then I realized it was happening in games i played like Dota 2 and World of Warcraft, where the rest of the screen would be fine and the middle of the screen would look pixelated or blurry. Does anyone know what the problem is? Is it my monitor or is it my graphics card? My computer is fairly new as I built it 2 months ago and it didn't seem to have this problem at all until today; however the monitor is pretty old. I've also read the other threads but didn't find a viable solution. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! Here is a screenshot as an example of my World of Warcraft game on Ultra settings; the character in the middle isn't even recognizable..
NYcbzz3.jpg

You said the monitor was quiet old.
Not that many people use them but some still do.
If the monitor is an old CRT type it is loosing focus.
Inside the monitor are two pots, on what we call the flyback transformer.
One is the focus pitch that can be adjusted to refocus the image on the tube.

If a LCD.
Then you should have an option of Phase settings in the menu of the monitor.
Also make sure that at the resolution you are running your games the Hz rang is set right.
If you have a resolution and the Hz range is set wrong or lower the image becomes blurry.

If you have done a graphics driver update.
Remove it, or any older drivers related to the card.
Or any other video drivers left over from installing a new card, from Nvidia to Ati ect.
Restart the system and then install the video driver again trying the latest version of the driver downloaded from Ati or Nvidia driver support page.

rdc85

Honorable
have u try open this pic in friend house/etc..
if it not blur there then it's your monitor..
if it also blurred there then it something else

not familiar with wow so cannot said how it supposed to look like,
it look ok at here