[SOLVED] Bluray?

Mar 31, 2020
Hello, I am buying a pc and it gives the option to upgrade the standard DVD drive to a Bluray drive. My question is, does windows 10 allow you to watch Blurays if you have a disc drive that can read them? Or would this only be for someone who needs to burn something to a Bluray disc for example? Because if i can watch Blurays on my computer with this, I'd be willing to pay more for the drive, however if windows doesn't allow you to do this then it would be wasted money, as i don't need to burn anything to a Bluray disc. Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
I have a BD/RW BluRay drive myself, which came without software. It has been a bit difficult to find a media player for BluRay discs, or rather a free media player. I haven't succeeded with VLC, and pretty much everything I could stumple upon cost money.

I personally use the free BluRay media player called Leawo Blu-ray Player.

Only really positive things I can say is that it works and it is free. But the user interface is very low tech, it is difficult to navigate the menus, the key assigment for navigating isn't really described in detail, and is difficult to figure out in the beginning.

The playback quality is as it is supposed to be with a BlyRay disc, since it doesn't do anything other than displaying the source disc.
The...
I have a BD/RW BluRay drive myself, which came without software. It has been a bit difficult to find a media player for BluRay discs, or rather a free media player. I haven't succeeded with VLC, and pretty much everything I could stumple upon cost money.

I personally use the free BluRay media player called Leawo Blu-ray Player.

Only really positive things I can say is that it works and it is free. But the user interface is very low tech, it is difficult to navigate the menus, the key assigment for navigating isn't really described in detail, and is difficult to figure out in the beginning.

The playback quality is as it is supposed to be with a BlyRay disc, since it doesn't do anything other than displaying the source disc.
The user interface is what lets the program down - but I got tired of looking for alternatives, and I don't use it often enough that I want to spend too much money, so I've adapted to it and use it every once in a while

This is not really a recommendation, but it is an option in case you don't find something better

Last edited:
Solution