Question blurry and grainy image in all games

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have you looked at these images on a different display, ie phone? Because they look fine to me. Points the issue in the direction of it possibly being the monitor/cable.

Have you tried another display? Even maybe a tv.

List entire pc specs please. Including the type of cable / and or adapter used on your display.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Oct 22, 2022
Have you looked at these images on a different display, ie phone? Because they look fine to me. Points the issue in the direction of it possibly being the monitor/cable.

Have you tried another display? Even maybe a tv.

List entire pc specs please. Including the type of cable / and or adapter used on your display.

I tried another monitor and it was the same.
It was also blurry when I looked at the pictures on my phone.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm I don't know what it might be. I've had second and third opinions and they too can't see anything wrong with your screenshots. It'll be in your best interest to have someone else help you personally and go from there. Maybe they can give you better insight what may be going on.

Colif

Win 11 Master
is it all games or just Uncharted & God of War?

What parts are blurry? i can see blurry hair but that could be how its shown. Grass is the same in 1st shot.

without comparisons to see what they should look like its hard to say.

Oct 22, 2022
Hmm I don't know what it might be. I've had second and third opinions and they too can't see anything wrong with your screenshots. It'll be in your best interest to have someone else help you personally and go from there. Maybe they can give you better insight what may be going on.
The last picture really doesn't show any blur in god of war?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i see blur on water to left of him but thats to show water moving
background looks a little hazy
Main character looks okay though.
I have asked more people to look, my eyes aren't the best so I might not be seeing it.

I don't mean to offend but maybe its your eyes? Do you have any problem reading? I didn't realise I needed glasses for ages until I tried to read a book and realised I couldn't. I had been able to before... now I wouldn't even try without glasses. Was just a thought, if no one else can see it, maybe its you?

Reactions: Lutfij

Colif

Win 11 Master
I asked elsewhere and only blur seen should be there

Well yeah, but it looks like blur that should be there—flowing water, wind blown grass etc.

He says "all games" which means it's 99% sure to be on his side—his equipment or settings or his eyes.

Does he have 100% Motion Blur or similar set in his graphics card—or is that strictly a per-game setting?
How about a mismatch between his monitor refresh and maybe some arbitrary FPS rate he's specified?
Has he cleaned his monitor or monocle lately? :D

What graphics settings has he set in the games, and what's the graphics card? I don't know what happens if you try to force super-high when GPU+VRAM can't handle it—does he still see blur if he lowers graphics settings?

some questions in return

Oct 22, 2022
i see blur on water to left of him but thats to show water moving
background looks a little hazy
Main character looks okay though.
I have asked more people to look, my eyes aren't the best so I might not be seeing it.

I don't mean to offend but maybe its your eyes? Do you have any problem reading? I didn't realise I needed glasses for ages until I tried to read a book and realised I couldn't. I had been able to before... now I wouldn't even try without glasses. Was just a thought, if no one else can see it, maybe its you?
No, there is no problem with my eyes and many of my friends said they were blurry.

Oct 22, 2022
Yup, I don't see any blur, either. Now, I am 44, but I still have above-average vision (tested in February) and do not require glasses.
grass is being blown in wind, its meant to be blurry. Same as the water in GOW shots.

Maybe make a gif or video so we can see any blur you might be getting. Screenshots aren't ideal.
I uploaded a video on YouTube. Can you check it out?
Clearly visible at 3:56
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI56UNeNllU&t=3s

By the way, there are stutters in the video. Normally there is no stuttering

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah need the model. If it's VA panel, it could be the reason for the ghosting ( i think?) you're seeing. Something to get used to it seems. Looking around about this ghosting on msi va monitors seems to be common amongst the cheaper VA models.

Btw, need to record the monitor using ext recorder ie phone as suggested already, not using ingame capture because that won't actually show us what you're seeing because recording software records frames before it gets to monitor.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Clearly visible at 3:56

Not for me
45MTnzU.jpg

makes me think I should play it lol.

Though I could see the ground sure would look blurry on some screens.

All it proves is its not the GPU.

Oct 22, 2022
Yeah need the model. If it's VA panel, it could be the reason for the ghosting ( i think?) you're seeing. Something to get used to it seems. Looking around about this ghosting on msi va monitors seems to be common amongst the cheaper VA models.

Btw, need to record the monitor using ext recorder ie phone as suggested already, not using ingame capture because that won't actually show us what you're seeing because recording software records frames before it gets to monitor.
Not for me
45MTnzU.jpg

makes me think I should play it lol.

Though I could see the ground sure would look blurry on some screens.

All it proves is its not the GPU.

I took a picture of my monitor from my phone. can you check it?
https://ibb.co/R6h2ZXB

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hard to tell if there's ghosting present on a still image. Is picture blurry for you sitting still or is it more when there's motion?

Is your monitor VA? Can monitor be returned for something else? If monitor is VA panel type then probably for you IPS is better suited. IPS suffer backlight bleed/glow though in pitch black scenes/ wall paper, but how much of it varies from model to model and can usually be tolerable with brightness settings.

Oct 22, 2022
Hard to tell if there's ghosting present on a still image. Is picture blurry for you sitting still or is it more when there's motion?

Is your monitor VA? Can monitor be returned for something else? If monitor is VA panel type then probably for you IPS is better suited. IPS suffer backlight bleed/glow though in pitch black scenes/ wall paper, but how much of it varies from model to model and can usually be tolerable with brightness settings.
it's not exactly blurred anyway, it's a poor image quality, it's obvious from the photo, both still and moving. My monitor is VA panel.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

I recently bought an MSI G24C4 to replace an old LCD TV that had been beginning to turn off by itself. I've had it for a week, as of today. This is my first time using an actual monitor, and I've noticed it runs all right for the most part, but seems to have trouble keeping up with the motion of deeply dark colours, like a darker black.

I've found turning Anti-Motion Blur on helps mitigate it a little, but it also causes me some eye strain. I end up seeing red flashes when things are in motion sometimes, especially when I blink.

I'm on 144hz, connected via HDMI. Is there a way I can stabilize motion on this monitor? If not, I'll learn to live with it; I'd just like to know if there's something better I can do in the settings.

link

Be good to know exact model your monitor is so we can look at more specific discussions/ reviews.

[mod edit - reddit posts look bad in dark theme]

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS