Question Blurry Display (Windows 10 Home)

Apr 9, 2022
Hi there, I am currently having some issues with my PC's display. It appears as if the text and apps are blurry. Any help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Have tried the following below (without any success):
  • Reinstalled graphics drivers (both with and without DDU software). PC also says drivers are up-to-date.
  • Changed resolutions (to native and non-native resolutions). The native screen resolution is 1366x768.
  • Changed DPI scaling options (under the Display section). Also have tried changing the Win8DPI registry value from 0 to 1 and created a LogPixels key. No success.
  • Have activated Windows 10 (Home)
  • Have changed monitors and cabling. All monitors still appeared blurry/fuzzy.
  • Have tried the Adjust ClearType text option
System Info is below:
  • OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
  • System Type: x64-based PC
  • Processor: AMD Athlon 220GE with Radeon Vega Graphics, 3400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
  • BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends International, LLC. H.D0, 11/02/2022
  • BaseBoard Product: X470 GAMING PLUS MAX (MS-7B79)
  • Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
  • Adapter Description: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Since you state being on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you working with? With that said, where did you source the installer for your OS? When you've used DDU, did you remove both AMD and Nvidia GPU drivers then reinstalled the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator ?

Make and model of your monitor(s)/panel(s)?

Apr 9, 2022
Hi Lutfij,

Thank you for your message. Appreciate it. The version of Windows is 21H2. It is the Windows software that came installed on the computer when I purchased it. (Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044). Just let me know if this is not the info you referred to.

I ran the DDU from safe mode and removed the graphics drivers for Nvidia and AMD. I don't believe that I ran the installer for the latest graphics drivers via an elevated command (as you described). Maybe I should give that a try.

The monitor is a LG 20MK400H-B.

Thank you for your help.

UPDATE: Uninstalled the AMD and Nvidia drivers again using the DDU software in Safe mode. Installed the latest Nvidia drivers (from the Nvidia site) via the run as administrator option. Text appears to still be slightly blurry.

Last edited: