Blurry feeling on a new screen

Feb 3, 2019
Hello everyone,

I bought a new monitor Acer Predator XB241H a couple weeks ago, allowing me to upgrade to a 24" monitor and to use G-Sync/144hz. The main purpose of this screen is gaming. This monitor comes as an addition to my old Asus VX228, which has become my secondary display.

Unfortunately, display quality on the Acer Predator is not what I expected. I'm getting a weird "blur effect" while playing in every game, especially on textures, not on the text. This problem is underlined when I switch a game between my two monitors, as the picture looks way sharper on the old one. It looks like an AA feature embeded in the new screen, but I found no parameters regarding this...

Some troubleshoots I've tried so far :
1) GPU issue : I used to have a GTX970 and upgraded on a RTX2060, the outcome is exactly the same with both GPUs. I couldn't find anything in the nvidia control pannel to solve the problem.
2) A matter of habit regarding DPI : Going from a 21.5" to a 24" monitor could have caused this. Though, I find the blur on my new screen very impactful... I'm used to a 24" monitor at work, and I have never witnessed the same issues. And everything apart 3D games appears very sharp to me (desktop, explorer, etc.).
3) A screen calibration issue : the OSD doesn't provide many options, and nothing concerning sharpness.

My main idea would be a post processing feature related to the monitor, impacting the picture quality in game. But I can't find any evidence of this...

Maybe it's just the monitor that isn't good ? But after a week of surfing through different forums, noone seems to have the same sharpness issue !

Thank you in advance for your very appreciated help :)

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Did you uninstall your existing GPU drivers and reinstall your GPU drivers with the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site?

Feb 3, 2019
CPU:Intel i5 6600K
Motherboard: MSI Z170A
Ram: 16go
SSD/HDD: 2*SSD + 2*HDD
GPU: RTX 2060 (6gb)

GPU drivers are up to date after using NVIDIA Geforce Experience.

The problem doesn't seem to be hardware related (except the monitor itself), as I had the exact same issue with my old CPU, a GTX970.