Question Blurry/grainy textures

Feb 11, 2023
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I noticed that glitch on nearly all the newest games I've played... The surfaces and some after effects have a grainy look:

View: https://imgur.com/NBTNpYC

View: https://imgur.com/8L3LixI

View: https://imgur.com/fuSzsNN

I tried any setup, but nothing works and still getting this glitch in any game I play. Tested on Assetto Corsa, Hogwarts Legacy, Cyberpunk... And all have this issue, so I guess there's any problem with my configuration (I hope it's not the GPU...). So.. I restored the configuration of NVIDIA to default, but still getting this bug. I tried with and without DLSS, still facing the same issue, changed resolutions (the actual one I use is 2560 x 1440)

My specs are the following:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 GAMING X V2
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9GHz
RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 3600 MHz 32GB CL18
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Screen: MSI Optix G32CQ4 31.5" LED WQHD 165Hz FreeSync
Main SSD (S.O installed here): Toshiba A100 SSD 240GB SATA3
Secondary SSD (games are installed here): Kingston KC2500 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2
Power supply: Mars Gaming MPB850 850W 80 Plus Bronze

All of this was bought brand new at the end of 2021 (the only exception is the main SSD, it's from 2017).

I appreciate any advice, I'm pretty desperate to play my games in good conditions!

Many thanks!

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
Your example photos are terrible 👽

With my not so good eyes I think i see "a blurry texture on the column of the pedestal"

but the light spot on the table looks "smooth" i can't see the complaint unless that it is the complain "it should appear as a mirror partly"

So. Is this a pre-rendered texture v. live raytracing issue?

Recheck your game settings and nvidia settings. those are "done well depending on what well is for the settings"

also delete any "nvidia rendering cache" directories and files from (old installs or updates). don't want to use corrupted cache. the cache "speeds up pre-rendering" but a corrupt one can mess it up.

Feb 11, 2023
Your example photos are terrible 👽

With my not so good eyes I think i see "a blurry texture on the column of the pedestal"

but the light spot on the table looks "smooth" i can't see the complaint unless that it is the complain "it should appear as a mirror partly"

So. Is this a pre-rendered texture v. live raytracing issue?

Recheck your game settings and nvidia settings. those are "done well depending on what well is for the settings"

also delete any "nvidia rendering cache" directories and files from (old installs or updates). don't want to use corrupted cache. the cache "speeds up pre-rendering" but a corrupt one can mess it up.

Hi,

First of all, any thanks for your answer! Sorry for the images, I'm not sure how can I take the screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about. All of them were taken in-game on Assetto Corsa and Hogwarts Legacy, the best example I can tell you is the last picture I posted, the red-marked reflections should be mirror-like. I wasn't using raytracing during the tests (Assetto Corsa doesn't have raytracing support as far as I know) and Hogwarts Legacy has a lot of performance issues yet with RT active. I've also noticed some ghosting issues with RT on, so I don't usually activate it.

With RT on, the textures and reflections look a bit better, but still being a bit grainy...

About SO, I'm using Windows 10.

I'm gonna try to delete the nvidia rendering cache directories, and let you know if that works.

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS