Question Blurry image in games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2020
Hello, how do i make the settings better with amd software in general? I feel like the image sharpening is pretty bad. My new rx 6800xt arrived yesterday and still didn't fix it. I know this isn't a component issue but some settings, but i'll list the components here anyways. Also, i had this same issue with the previous graphics card as well. Thank you for your answers x)

Specs:
Motherboard: Z390-A-Pro
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Nitro+ SE edition
CPU: i5 9600k
Mouse: SK-S Ace Edition - Sköll
Power supply: 850watt Plus. <--- Forgot name.
Chassis: Aerocool Klaw
Keyboard: Some old ASUS keyboard
Monitor: BENQ - XL2411 - 144hz

Sep 11, 2020
It could definitely be the monitor. It's an old e-sports monitor so i guess it's supposed to be for rpg games with performance instead. Focusing on the performance over graphics is what i meant. Thank you for your answers man!

Make sure you turn off Depth of Field as well, and set Anisotropic Filtering to x16. I also recommend turning off Film Grain and Chromatic Aberration in any games that have them. Lastly, be careful with Sharpen, too much can cause ringing, which looks like tiny white dots that look glowy and fuzzy.

I assume you're referring to blur in game, but just in case you mean in YouTube videos you upload, NEVER upload at 1080p resolution, unless your videos get viewed enough to warrant them using VP9 processing. Most people's videos don't get enough views for that, so I resize my 1080p captures to 1440p when I edit and compress them, which gets VP9 processing (takes longer, but well worth it). I have found Avidemux (free) works very well for that. I use the x264 codec, with Average Bitrate (ABR) at 30,000 bitrate. The resize method I use is Lanczos3.

As for displays, I prefer IPS over TN or VA, as colors don't bleed. This means things like skin tones, particularly Caucasian ones, don't look smudgy and blurry. My next one will be OLED though, which is currently the best if you can afford it.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020
I will look into those, oled monitors for sure! I will buy a chassis next month due to the heat inside my case. Reaching around 73-83 celcius in games with a junction temp 99 at max, i guess it'd might be that. But as i said, i will definitely look into those oled monitors, i almost forgot that they existed haha.

I will look into those, oled monitors for sure! I will buy a chassis next month due to the heat inside my case. Reaching around 73-83 celcius in games with a junction temp 99 at max, i guess it'd might be that. But as i said, i will definitely look into those oled monitors, i almost forgot that they existed haha.
Lower case temps can have an impact and make gameplay a bit smoother, but usually only if your GPU runs so hot it thermally throttles. However at 83c, you are just about at that point where it could thermally throttle at times.

You can get a better idea what's going on thermally if you run MSI Afterburner in the background while gaming, and set CPU and GPU usage and temp to show onscreen. If you get an OLED, just make sure you get one that is well made. LG pretty much has been making them the longest and has a pretty good track record.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS