Blurry lines in 3D games, like static but barely visible.

Noah Skinner

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Hello,

For the longest time my games would have these annoying blurry horizontal lines that are only visible in dark scenes and now that I am playing games with more dark scenes (arma 3 etc) I really want to get rid of it.

I am pretty sure its not my display's fault because whenever I drag a non-3d window above it the lines disappear.

Here is my custom system info:
Intel i5 3570k @ 3.40 GHz, 4 core
Radion HD 7850 2GB
Windows 7

I am on a dual monitor setup, my graphics card takes control of the bigger screen and my integrated Intel graphics takes care of the smaller one.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I tried my best to find the solutions out there to no success.

Solution

Check the cable you are using to connect the monitor to your computer (I don't know if you used the same one or not) if that's not the issue it sounds like the GPU is faulty. I would send it back if it's under warranty.

Noah Skinner

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

Unfortunately I have the same lines on both screens when playing the game, so Im quite sure that its a graphics card issue.

Check the cable you are using to connect the monitor to your computer (I don't know if you used the same one or not) if that's not the issue it sounds like the GPU is faulty. I would send it back if it's under warranty.

Solution

Noah Skinner

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

That's a big bummer, luckily I still think its under warranty...

Thanks for your help.

Noah Skinner

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

I am sure it's not v-sync, best way I can describe it is many horizontal blurry (barely visible) lines that are whitish and sometimes blackish moving up and down the screen very quickly.

Noah Skinner

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

The lines don't appear in screen shots and they are too faint to be seen in pictures. I'm really sure its not v-sync

You can't be sure until you try. What is so tough about turning it on so you can rule it out?

Noah Skinner

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

Ugh, when I say I know its not v-sync, I mean it - I already use that option for my games. Anyhow I am going to get it replaced soon.