Question Blurry, low resolution textures on all games on my PC

Mar 26, 2020
Hi all, I've been having some issues with my PC where the texture quality in all games (RDR2, Fallout 4, Ghost Recon: Wildlands & Breakpoint, GTA V, Fallen Order) is incredibly low. It's worse in some games (RDR2 and FO4 being borderline unplayable). It's not directly linked to any of my components because I've replaced just about everything over the last few months and it's happened across different cards, SSDs, and monitors.

I'm going mad trying to fix this. I even thought it might be my eyesight or settings in these games, but compared it to a friend's with the same game/driver settings and their's looks crisp and high resolution. Clean installed Win 10, used DDU more times than I'd care to count, and still looks the exact same.

Open to any and all left field ideas as I'm kinda at the end of my tether here.

System is:

2700X
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT
Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
16GB 3000MHz
MSI X570 A-Pro
ASUS PB287Q 4K Monitor

Here are some images from FO4 showing my issue (I took some screenshots from the other games showing the exact same problem, but they're too big for imgur). View: https://imgur.com/a/IJdXGli

Thanks in advance.

Mar 26, 2020
Hi all, I've posted this problem here before but wasn't able to solve it, so posting it again just to see if anyone's got some bizarre solution.

Issue with my PC where the texture quality in all games (RDR2, Fallout 4, Ghost Recon: Wildlands & Breakpoint, GTA V, Fallen Order) is incredibly low. It's worse in some games (RDR2 and FO4 being borderline unplayable). It's not directly linked to any of my components because I've replaced just about everything over the last few months and it's happened across different cards, SSDs, and monitors.

I'm going mad trying to fix this. I even thought it might be my eyesight or settings in these games, but compared it to a friend's with the same game/driver settings and their's looks crisp and high resolution. Clean installed Win 10, used DDU more times than I'd care to count, and still looks the exact same.

Open to any and all left field ideas as I'm kinda at the end of my tether here.

System is:

2700X
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT
Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
16GB 3000MHz
MSI X570 A-Pro
ASUS PB287Q 4K Monitor

If I can't find a fix, I'm genuinely just going to sell it on. Can't enjoy games when they look this awful.

Here are some screenshots of the issue in FO4. I took some screenshots from the other games showing the exact same problem, but they're too big for imgur (Also, I know FO4 is a huge culprit in general for this issue, but my mate has a very similar PC and I used his exact settings).

View: https://imgur.com/a/IJdXGli

Mar 26, 2020
new or fresh build?
fresh os install? or ddu the old gpu driver before install for the gpu?

The original PC was bought in Novemeber last year, but I've since replaced the GPU, boot drive, and motherboard. I did a clean install of Windows a few weeks ago when I bought my m.2 drive. And yeah I always use DDU to remove my old drivers before installing newer ones.