Bluscreen of death

juanjuarezparkview

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
So my computer has the bluescreen on startup simple things like restarting it didnt work so i tried to reset and it said there was a problem and could not reset. I tried a factory reset and the same thing. I tried system restore but it says that i must enable system protection on this drive and will not let me do system restore.

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - if you don't have one already, its a handy boot drive if nothing else

Anything on PC you want to save? given you tried a factory reset I have to assume not?
If there is
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type [n]notepad[/b] and press enter
this opens notepad, go to File > Open and it will open a file explorer, use this to copy any files you want to keep onto USB or other hdd

Once everything saved, I would try a clean install since reset doesn't work
boot from installer
follow...

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - if you don't have one already, its a handy boot drive if nothing else

Anything on PC you want to save? given you tried a factory reset I have to assume not?
If there is
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type [n]notepad[/b] and press enter
this opens notepad, go to File > Open and it will open a file explorer, use this to copy any files you want to keep onto USB or other hdd

Once everything saved, I would try a clean install since reset doesn't work
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here).

Solution