BMW M6 Test Drive: Ludicrous Speed and Power for $122K

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]daswilhelm[/nom]all this tech and it still requires a gas guzzler tax. 4500lbs? bmw should be embarrassed.[/citation]

I don't see why they should be.
The Gas guzzler tax is a joke as it is basically a Tax to protect the US manufacturers. If the Government would really care about Gas Guzzlers they'd tell Detroit to stop building hem too.

And 4500lbs? If you go fast, and I mean really fast, not US highway fast, you need a strong car and a car that does not react to side loads from wind gusts for example.. That will add a few extra pounds.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Or you can get a Tesla Model S for $85,000 after tax breaks and does 0-60 in 4.4 seconds and weighs over 4,000 pounds like the BMW does.

No gas guzzler tax, heck no engine at all.

I'm glad the M6 has auto start-stop at least and a smart alternator.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]Gas guzzler tax... I despise crap like that! It is nothing more than extortion by fiat.[/citation]

What does Fiat have to do with the Gas Guzzler Tax ?

freedom4556

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
The Gas guzzler tax is a joke as it is basically a Tax to protect the US manufacturers. If the Government would really care about Gas Guzzlers they'd tell Detroit to stop building hem too.

For those of you who don't know, the Gas Guzzler Tax applies to all cars, foreign and domestic, who have a fuel economy of 22.5 MPG or less, an scales non-linearly as the MPG gets worse. Light trucks, which includes minivans and SUVs, are exempt from the tax, which was a Carter initiative in the 70s. Hence the hiliarity of the comment
... a fuel efficiency that is better than what you get from a mid-size SUV
in light of the tax, which the SUV in question wouldn't have to pay.
http://www.epa.gov/fueleconomy/guzzler/index.htm

[citation][nom]daswilhelm[/nom]Ford, yes Ford, produces a mustang, yes mustang, that makes over 650hp, does 200+mph, and doesnt include a gas guzzler tax. oh yea and it costs half as much.[/citation]
[citation][nom]daswilhelm[/nom]all this tech and it still requires a gas guzzler tax. 4500lbs? bmw should be embarrassed.[/citation]

Pretty sour them grapes, eh?

[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]What does Fiat have to do with the Gas Guzzler Tax ?[/citation]
Fiat, formerly known as GM. "Domestic"brands don't get the tax... Maybe BMW should buy Ford and get tax break, too.

G

So... Why is this on Tom's???

Look! Another car that I'll never be able afford! lol.

[citation][nom]afrobacon[/nom]I'll stick with my 94' Mitsu. Roughly same power, better MPG, all wheel drive, and I can easily build 6 of them for the same price.[/citation]

What Mitsubishi puts out 560hp?

[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Pretty sour them grapes, eh?Fiat, formerly known as GM. "Domestic"brands don't get the tax... Maybe BMW should buy Ford and get tax break, too.[/citation]

why would the grapes be sour?

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]boiler1990[/nom]What Mitsubishi puts out 560hp?[/citation]
Maybe he has a tricked out lancer evo or something. Granted, thats not stock... but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.