BMW Thermaltake Gaming Mouse Now a Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
that mouse in olive drab + C70 in olive drab with -fixed it- orange lights, mod some smaller speakers into ammo crates, Filco Camo keyboard, i could see it working really, really well

[citation][nom]deicided[/nom]Looks about as ugly and uncomfortable as the RAT[/citation]
Just curious, have you actually used a RAT (5 or 7, not the 3)? You can adjust nearly every aspect of the mouse to fit your hand, and it is widely regarded by reviewers and users as the most comfortable gaming mouse because of those adjustments.

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
I'd rather not have any hole marks on my palm/fingers. I don't get the open view innards though... looks like dust collector to me... I think RAT is still better though.

thrakazog

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
I would consider the one in the first picture. It looks to be about the size and shape of my logitech G9x, which is my favorite mouse atm.

If it ends up like the elongated ones in the second picture, than most likely not. Not only do I find longer mice of that shape uncomfortable, but I also can't help but notice design changes that make it look much less "stylish" and different from other mice in the market.

This is most likely to save tons of money on production costs, while the price will reflect the build and quality of the mouse in the first picture.......so they can line their pockets, of course.

This is just my opinion though. If they release the mouse in the first picture, I'll be happy I was wrong. But I imagine they will call it a "prototype" design, that couldn't be made and sold at the pricepoint they wanted to hit ( meaning one that gives them huge profit, not one that saves us money in any way )

bad_student

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Can you honestly think of a single use for an 8200 dpi mouse that will have a noticeable advantage over a 2000 dpi?

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]boiler1990[/nom]Just curious, have you actually used a RAT (5 or 7, not the 3)? You can adjust nearly every aspect of the mouse to fit your hand, and it is widely regarded by reviewers and users as the most comfortable gaming mouse because of those adjustments.[/citation]
I tried rat9 for few days, returned it and got my money back. That mouse is way too big, way too heavy and the surface material is really slippery. You can change some parts to the rubberized ones but even they get slippery if your hands sweat even a little. Removing the battery was a pain in the ass and i had to use pliers. Sensor also had lots of issues, jittering, left click got "stuck down" even tho i pressed it just once and the thumb scroll is placed under your palm.

Rat 9 was one of the worst mouse i have ever used.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Won't buy. The thumb buttons are so far apart it's comical. The Z key is unnecessary and probably a liability in-game. And I don't see a lot of space left to grip it on the sides. It's probably uncomfortable as hell, but at least it's pretty. I'm sure the Apple crowd would love it.

myromance123

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Not to rustle anybodies jimmies, but to me it has practically no resemblance to any sort of BMW design I have ever seen. Is that how it is meant to be perceived?

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]I tried rat9 for few days, returned it and got my money back. That mouse is way too big, way too heavy and the surface material is really slippery. You can change some parts to the rubberized ones but even they get slippery if your hands sweat even a little. Removing the battery was a pain in the ass and i had to use pliers. Sensor also had lots of issues, jittering, left click got "stuck down" even tho i pressed it just once and the thumb scroll is placed under your palm.Rat 9 was one of the worst mouse i have ever used.[/citation]

Wow. I love my RAT 7, I don't suffer any of those problems (granted it's not wireless, so that's those issues out the window) It has a very unique feel when travelling which I find very appealing. I map the buttons for various functions in Photoshop/Illustrator and use it in combination with my wacom tablet. Those two scroll wheels can be used for precision horizontal/vertical panning, works a treat. I map the little targeting/precision-boost thumb button thing to the hand tool, very useful.

Not too bad when gaming either, haha.

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I somehow feel that gamers relate to this design somehow, it can be said its on the same range as some keyboards and cases, apparently, a "military" "robust" "b-movie future high-tech" is a popular fashion for gamers. Make them feel bad-ass I supose

This is the type of product that make people who prefer stylish designs switch to Apple computers.

SinisterSalad

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Has a cool look, but I'd only consider a $100 peripheral if I was gaming professionally or something. My $40 MX518 works great yet. Would rather put the money into a GPU or something. To each their own, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.