G

Hello,

How big will the difference be, between an ordinary D-sub standard monitorcable och a Highend RGB +2sync BNC cable.
The graphiccard is an Matrox G400Max and the Monitor a Samsung Syncmaster 950p

/Mike

G

Hey hifi,

Nice combination you have there, I also have a Matrox G400 (regular 32M DH) and Samsung 950P, looks great! I bought a BNC cable and hooked it up, but the screen was distorted and blurry, I never did figure out how to get it to work right. It looks great with the standard VGA cable, so I probably will leave it for now. I also have read that when you use the BNC connectors, you lose the DDC signal from the monitor the the video card. If I understand this correctly, it means that your monitor can no longer communicate it's ideal parameters for color/tint/brightness/etc... to the video card. In my startup screens before getting into Win98, it says 'DDC monitor detected, using optimal parameters supplied by your monitor' or something very close to that. :)

If you get yours working correctly with the BNC cables and do notice a difference, let me know!

Aaron

Tyan S2380 v1.02
Athlon 650
PC133 128MB
Matrox G400 32MB DH
IBM Deskstar 75GXP 30GB
Kenwood 42X
Yamaha DS-XG PCI
Zoom 56K PCI
Samsung Syncmaster 950P
Daewoo CMC-1501BA1

misu

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
When i got my first voodoo i had to use an BNC cable to make it work with my old IBM 9527 monitor. But the image was bad the higher the res. went. So i made my custom dsub cable without dcc. You only have to cut 2 pins on the conector :)
Works fine now.

Misu
__'_