BO4 causing background applications to lag/drop frames

xtrem3xkilla

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
Title basically says it all. when tabbed into BO4 is causes lag or dropped frames on background process, then when i tab out, its fine until i tab back in.

This is the only game that it happens on as far as im aware (also tried it with csgo and rainbow 6). Changed many settings in game and tried disabling Nvidia overlay, Focus assist and restarting pc and nothing works.

Some of the programs ive noticed it happening on is StreamLabs OBS (both preview and output view), Youtube and Windows media player.

Any form of help would be appreciated

EDIT : Must note that the game itself is fine in terms of FPS. Its just background apps that lag when focused on the game

Please list your specs. Your description is not quite enough.

It could be your GPU (not suitable for Gaming with high FPS and streaming), could be ram (not enough) or could be the CPU not capable of doing both with smooth gaming and streaming.

Also, Youtube and windows media will use GPU resources. Priorities what you need. Obviously if you are gaming/streaming it's not advisable to have those open/playing in back round which will just eat away CPU/GPU cycles and resources.

xtrem3xkilla

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015

CPU is i7 8700k
GPU is 3gb 1060
RAM is 16gb Corsair Vengence

Most certainly the issues is the GPU. It's just to weak for what you are trying to do. 3 gb vram is barely enough for 1080p 60hz for gaming alone. Throw in anything else, like youtube, netflix and your literally hobbling that GPU.

You need at least a 1070/to/1080/ti/RTX to be able to stream nicely.

You can always try lowering the presets to balance it out but the limiting factor is the GPU.

The rest of your system is well capable.

TRENDING THREADS