[SOLVED] board asus h81m-k don't display after changing ram slot

kmendezp

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
Hi, i have an h81m-k motherboard, an i7-4770 and 8gb of ram in one stick. A few months ago i change mi old i5-4690 for this i7, when i had the i5 i had the ram on the first slot of the board. But when i put the i7 i put the ram in the second slot without notice it. This provoke that the board didn't display anything, then i put back the i5 and the board display again the bios normally (i suspect that with the i5 there wasn't problems changing the ram slot) after that i put the i7 and everything works fine. Now i am trying to put a the ram in the first slot but again the board don't display anything, neither there is no sounds of the motherboard and i sold the i5 so i can't use it.
I'm trying this to install a new 8gb stick of ram, but am testing first with my old ram and it don't work. i have the last bios version of the board and already try to clear the CMOS

Solution
strip it down clean all the contacts on the board slots and the ram stick with isopropyl alcohol , as Supahos said it could be the contacts on the cpu (dont try cleaning the socket itself) so clean the cpu contacts around the central area not in it or you will get fibes stuck in there if your using a cotton swab , i personaly use isopropyl wipes.

start again just booting into the bios without your main HDD or gpu .

demonesc

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
strip it down clean all the contacts on the board slots and the ram stick with isopropyl alcohol , as Supahos said it could be the contacts on the cpu (dont try cleaning the socket itself) so clean the cpu contacts around the central area not in it or you will get fibes stuck in there if your using a cotton swab , i personaly use isopropyl wipes.

start again just booting into the bios without your main HDD or gpu .

Solution