Bois chip asus

mgcrotts

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Hello,
motherboard is lighting up, fans on, harddrive power, pci express video card on, but nothing on screen. Could it be my bios chip?

mgcrotts

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
I've done everything including clearing CMOS and everything else I can find and I believe it may have something to do with my new ULTRA CPU Fan. It has its own seperate speed controller and my ASUS AI Booster and Overclocker also has a controller and I think it may have conflicted with it in the BIOS. I cant get anything on the screen. I just ordered a new BIOS Chip Pre-Flashed from ASUS so for 5 dollars I hope it fixes it instead of a new $400 MOBO

mgcrotts

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

Yea, tried every component except intel 6700 core 2 extreme quad processor.I got my new BIOS chip (preflashed) installed it and no luck. I can oull everything off my board and I get no beeps. The BIOS chip was almost last resort. Now its a debate of getting a new MOBO (Striker ~$250~), sending in my Striker Extreme to ASUS for repair for $80-$120, or getting a newer but less expensive MOBO suchh as ASUS P5 series or Gigabit.