BOIS recovery on HP P7-1030

ScottMeredith

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Hi I was having some issues with my desktop computer. It is a HP Pavilion p7-1030. The hard disk was crashing. I have replaced the Hard disk and was reloading Windows on to the computer. I went to the HP website and downloaded proper drivers for the computer and got it up and running. I then updated the BIOS with this update "IPISB-CU Motherboard BIOS Update
7.16 Rev. A 2.9 MB Apr 21, 2013" now I have black screen. NO access to monitor and seems like it is not accessing keyboard as well. Are there any ways to recover the original BIOS?
I have changed the battery for the BIOS as the old one was dead.
I have tried to update using the jumpers and still getting black screen. Do you suggest loading the BIOS update onto a flashdrive and then try to redo it?

Solution
In this case(pun not intended),you will probably need to set the motherboard jumpers to reset the cmos.look for 3 or 4 pins next to each other and a coloured plastic thing that is connecting two of them,you need to find the correct placement to reset it.The HP website should have it.it will reset the bios to default.
Cheers
:)

AppleGwava

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
In this case(pun not intended),you will probably need to set the motherboard jumpers to reset the cmos.look for 3 or 4 pins next to each other and a coloured plastic thing that is connecting two of them,you need to find the correct placement to reset it.The HP website should have it.it will reset the bios to default.
Cheers
:)

Solution