Question Book Suggestion for Game Developer

Jan 1, 2020
Hello kind people . so im a game developer , is use Unity and Mostly unreal engine 4 . and i see the need in me to study exactly about computer I want to know how exactly this components (CPU , GPU , Ram .. ) process data so that i can build my games as optimized as possible . can you please suggest books in that area ? basically i want to learn about the computer's electronic

Jan 1, 2020
How much background do you have? Have you looked at, and understand, block diagrams of motherboards for example? https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/intel-z390-chipset-product-brief-and-block-diagram-posted.html
Have you investigated the support that Intel provides directly -- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/software-overview.html
first of all thanks for your respond . Well No I haven't . in hardware area my background isn't so good , i have basic understanding (well maybe more than just basic :unsure: I have a GPU mining farm so ... ) but like the things you mentioned i didn't have a clue . and like there are millions of questions in my mind like how to put calculation more on CPU than GPU in my game or in some case when there is a question of whether to use texture or actual polygons for a model in game i want to know exactly which is better how it effects GPU will it affect the VRAM or the cores speed . Could you please guide my through steps that i have to study ?

Jan 1, 2020
Hello guys im a Game Developer and for optimizing my game i need to have a lot of information about Rendering and all of that . can you provide links , books , clues or whatever that can help me understand how GPU renders a scene and more importantly to help me decide in different scenarios on how to make a 3 model . like choosing between polycounts and number of Textures . or GPU rendered particle vs CPU rendered particle .

kanewolf

Titan
first of all thanks for your respond . Well No I haven't . in hardware area my background isn't so good , i have basic understanding (well maybe more than just basic :unsure: I have a GPU mining farm so ... ) but like the things you mentioned i didn't have a clue . and like there are millions of questions in my mind like how to put calculation more on CPU than GPU in my game or in some case when there is a question of whether to use texture or actual polygons for a model in game i want to know exactly which is better how it effects GPU will it affect the VRAM or the cores speed . Could you please guide my through steps that i have to study ?
I am not a game developer, I do have 30 year of software/system design experience. Many of the things you are asking are going to require trial and error. For example, lets say you have a 1080TI graphics card and you move some calculations to the card. That is great, it frees your CPU, BUT, it only works at 1080p. If a user is configured for 1440p what do you do? Of if a user only has a 1050 graphics card? Then what? You probably don't want to make a 1080TI a requirement for your software because you have limited the market too much. So do you have multiple implementations based on hardware? Possible? Do you have to write the code to interrogate your runtime environment to determine what to do? Most likely.

Jan 1, 2020
I am not a game developer, I do have 30 year of software/system design experience. Many of the things you are asking are going to require trial and error. For example, lets say you have a 1080TI graphics card and you move some calculations to the card. That is great, it frees your CPU, BUT, it only works at 1080p. If a user is configured for 1440p what do you do? Of if a user only has a 1050 graphics card? Then what? You probably don't want to make a 1080TI a requirement for your software because you have limited the market too much. So do you have multiple implementations based on hardware? Possible? Do you have to write the code to interrogate your runtime environment to determine what to do? Most likely.
That was really great and eye opening , thank you very much