Question Boost disabled mode ignored

Aug 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 since a couple of weeks and I've always used it with the boost mode disabled (by disabling it in the power plan advanced settings in all power plans) to run at maximum 3.0GHz (the base frequency) and have better thermals. Everything was working great until a couple of days ago: whenever I launch a game the frequency goes up to 4.2+GHz like I've never turned off the boost mode, it's like my power plan settings are getting completely ignored. The CPU usage looks normal in the task manager and I already tried to look in the BIOS but you cannot touch this CPU from there (AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS).

Do you know how I can fix this?

My PC:
Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS 3.0GHz (Up to 4.2GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q
RAM: 16348MB
Display: Full HD 1920x1080 (120Hz)

Aug 11, 2020
Unfortunately in the BIOS there are no options for the CPU. The problem running at 4.2GHz is that the temperatures in this model gets way too high, reaching 100C, and a known "fix" is by disabling the boost mode and run at base speed which is 3.0GHz. It was working without any problem, but now is like every power plan settings are getting ignored and when I launch something it just goes full speed.

Aug 11, 2020
I also tried to modify other settings like "maximum processor state" or the minimum one to see if there was a result but nothing changed, everything get ignored.

Aug 11, 2020
Repaste already done.
Yep I've already seen that post, thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't help with my issue aswell. What I need is to get back my PC to run at 3.0GHz or at least to not having my settings ignored, I don't know why and what is doing this, if Windows 10 or some program

Aug 11, 2020
If it can help I also noticed that the CPU, when I'm running a game, costantly jumps to 1.4ish GHz to 4.2GHz, bouncing up and down every 3-4 seconds more or less.

Aug 11, 2020
AVG.
I uninstalled AVG and the problem got solved. What. The. Heck.
I tried to launch for the first time a new game and the CPU remained stable at 3.0GHz, when I closed it, AVG sent me a notifications that now "I can use this app without interruptions", I tried to run it again and the CPU flew up to 4.2GHz.
Do you guys think there's a way to maintain AVG but without having this problem?
4b0nnt84h0f41.jpg

P.S. The image is an example got from internet