Boosting 4g connectivity?

Steffan_3

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
I have an issue at work, when I’m inside the gatehouse at work, I struggle to stay on 4g it will usually go back to 3G and signal bars will vary.
I spend a lot of time holding my arm out the window until I get 4g and once I have it I keep it close to the window, and it stays for a while.
I’m using my phone as a hotspot for my laptop as there is no WiFi I can use.
I’m on o2 network if that makes any use.
( I thought about changing providers but umm in a contract so would prefer not to)

I saw online about signal boosters but I see they cost a couple hundred.

Is there a better solution perhaps cheaper? Or if not should I buy a booster? And if so what should I look for?

Thanks

Solution
You need a booster or a service provider with better service. Many signal boosters actually use your router and WiFi to work with the cell signal. You are actually creating your own cell tower with your network connection.n This means if you don't have a real network connection, the booster won't work. Did you check with your service provider on what you can get to get a better signal?
You need a booster or a service provider with better service. Many signal boosters actually use your router and WiFi to work with the cell signal. You are actually creating your own cell tower with your network connection.n This means if you don't have a real network connection, the booster won't work. Did you check with your service provider on what you can get to get a better signal?

Solution