Discussion Boot Camp Mac Hotkeys Stopped Functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

seejay

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
Hi, here is my dilemma..

Originally, with Boot Camp, I was able to hold "fn" and press F5 and F6 to lower or make the keyboard brightness higher, for example, and the F10-12 to mute, decrease, and increase my laptop's volume. I could scroll with two fingers on the touch pad etc.. all of the Boot Camp benefits while running Windows.

Just recently I've noticed that, in the bottom right toolbar, the bootcamp icon (in which I could open and click "restart in mac OS") has not been there. And right after that I noticed that my keyboard light isnt functioning anymore as well as any of the "fn" hotkeys above. Even my right click on my touch pad doesnt work because it was an option I selected under the bootcamp program.

It's as though everything Mac about my Mac (running Windows 7) just died off. I don't understand why these keys spontaneously stopped working (or why the program stopped loading). I've even searched for the program "boot camp" in my computer, found it, and clicked "restart in windows OS" and the program still didn't load upon restart.

Thank You for any help!

--CJ

seejay

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
In terms of having to restart in Mac OS and run Boot Camp and have the system burn the windows drivers onto a disc AGAIN, I'd rather just deal with no back light, touch pad, or fn keys.. I went through hell to get Boot Camp to work for my computer and have no idea how I accomplished it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.