Boot Configuration Data file missing

ModDirty

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
So I just got a new computer with Windows 8 pre-installed. I started it up and it worked fine, and so I tried to change the graphics card to my factory overclocked GTX 660 and it failed to appear to the monitor, instead just giving me 5 beeps. I switched back to the graphics card the computer came with, but now when starting up it says the computer needs to be repaired.

The exact message is:

Your PC needs to be repaired

The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information

File:\BCD
Error code: 0xc000000d

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

How can I repair Windows 8? My computer didn't come with a windows 8 install cd, and I can't find a serial code. Am I going to have to contact Dell?

Dell XPS 8700
i7-4770 processor 3.4GHz
12GB RAM Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
1GB AMD RadeonHD 7570 GDDR5 (card the computer came with)
2GB EVGA Superclocked GTX 660 (card I tried switching to)

Anyone have an answer to any of the problems I have?

Without a Repair/Installation disk you're stuck. Best contact Dell for Recovery disks, but if you have a willing friend running W8 you could ask them to make a repair disk, at least get you into CMD prompt to try BCD edit...
Edit
It is possible to get into Safe Mode by holding down the Shift Key and mashing F8, but you'll probably wear out F8 trying...