[SOLVED] Boot cycling

Aug 17, 2021
G'day everyone! Computer boot cycles when ram is in a certain position. However, when I rearranged the ram to get past the cycling, it won't display anything(detects the cable is plugged in but no signal). It posted yesterday, but not now I have moved the computer to my girlfriends house it does nothing. Only some of the led lights on the back fan light up now, which I thought was weird. Cheers for any help!!

Components:
CPU - I5 7400
GPU - GTX 960 MSI
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR 450W
HDD - 320GB
3 FANS - 1 RAINBOW LED FAN
2 X 4GB RAM - 1 TFORCE 2666MHZ 1 CORSAIR 2133MHZ

Solution
G'day everyone! Computer boot cycles when ram is in a certain position. However, when I rearranged the ram to get past the cycling, it won't display anything(detects the cable is plugged in but no signal). It posted yesterday, but not now I have moved the computer to my girlfriends house it does nothing. Only some of the led lights on the back fan light up now, which I thought was weird. Cheers for any help!!

Components:
CPU - I5 7400
GPU - GTX 960 MSI
HDD - 320GB

Hey Thomas,

Welcome to the Forum.

Hmm, that's interesting. Did the system work before these issues happened with the same ram? Or have you just bought an...

Components:
CPU - I5 7400
GPU - GTX 960 MSI
HDD - 320GB

Hey Thomas,

Welcome to the Forum.

Hmm, that's interesting. Did the system work before these issues happened with the same ram? Or have you just bought an additional DIMM and put it into system recently?

Typically, it's a bad idea to mix and match ram as you have. They may not work together, or have issues, in terms of max speeds (they will default to lowest common denominator - being 2133mhz).

Solution
Aug 17, 2021
Hey Thomas,

Welcome to the Forum.

Hmm, that's interesting. Did the system work before these issues happened with the same ram? Or have you just bought an additional DIMM and put it into system recently?

Typically, it's a bad idea to mix and match ram as you have. They may not work together, or have issues, in terms of max speeds (they will default to lowest common denominator - being 2133mhz).
Cheers for the response. I am just using one stick now, and have purchased a new power supply. Works like a dream now!

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead