Distinguished
Jul 12, 2012
MB: ASRock Z690 Steel Legend WiFi 6E
CPU: Intel 12700k
GPU: ASRock Radeon RX570 OC 4GB
BIOS: AMI v 8.01
PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 850W 80+ Gold

I recently completed a new build.

When my graphics card is installed, there is a 1-2 minute delay from a COLD boot. Bios gets stuck at code 92, which has something to do with the PCIe slots -- "Problem related to PCI-E devices. Please re-install PCI-E devices or try installing them in other slots. If the problem still exists, please remove all PCI-E devices or try using another VGA card." After waiting 1-2 minutes, the system does eventually resume booting normally.

The graphics card was functioning properly in my previous system and I just swapped it into my new build.

This does not occur on a warm reboot. It also does not occur when I remove the graphics card and just use the Intel integrated graphics.

I have updated the bios, switched the graphics card to different slots, and tried all combinations of legacy support mode in bios (as suggested by ASRock support).

ASRock support is now suggesting a motherboard swap but I don't think it's a hardware issue and don't want to take apart my new build.

Thanks for any suggestions of what to try next.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the PSU powering the build? It could very well be a faulty slot on the motherboard. You might want to source a donor GPU for your build and see if the issue is replicated. If the issue is replicated with a donor GPU, then the issue would be your motherboard.

tw9855

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2012
Make and model of the PSU powering the build? It could very well be a faulty slot on the motherboard. You might want to source a donor GPU for your build and see if the issue is replicated. If the issue is replicated with a donor GPU, then the issue would be your motherboard.

Super Flower Leadex III 850W 80+ Gold

I have already tried moving the GPU to different slots on the MB. Can they all be bad? Yet, the machine does boot successfully after the delay, and there is no delay at all on a warm reboot.

To me, it feels like some kind of configuration issue where the bios is trying to negotiate parameters with the GPU card.