Boot device issue Toshiba Satellite Wind 8

jaybrooks

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
I'm a technician working out of a repair shop in Michigan, and I'm running into an issue re-installing windows 8.
We sell laptops and a customer recently bought a Toshiba Satellite, and, after a few days, returned it. The sales associate failed to get a return number or the password that was placed on the computer. My plan was to just re-install, but with quickboot, I don't seem to have the option to change my boot device without logging into windows and turning that feature off. And help or ideas would be appreciated.

jaybrooks

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
I did end up solving this issue. Windows 8 has a nice little feature where if you hold down Left-Shift while using the restart option, it will bring you into the advanced startup options screen, and from there I was able to do a factory reset. Hope this helps someone.

Claire7313

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

Claire7313

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Thanks for this information jaybrooks I've had a similar issue couldn't get boot display from start up I tried this feature and it works a treat, laptop resetting to factory settings as I type. A great little feature!