Boot device not fully supported only for HDDs

Dustborn

Reputable
May 25, 2015
So i have recently run into an issue with one of my builds. It is running an Asus P8 H61-m LE R2.0 motherboard. One day i turned it on after not using it for about 2 weeks and i got an error saying that the boot device is not supported by the bios settings. Basically the error means my motherboard is not correctly reading my hard drive. I thought alright ill try switching sata ports. Same error was returned. Tried switching Sata cables and still same error. I tried switching hard drives to a new hard drive as well and still got the same error. However using the same port and cables it will pick up my disc drive. Ive tried 3 seperate hard drives, my main drive, my backup drive, and one i ordered when i first ran into the issue and none are being picked up. Im honestly at a loss at this point. I have reset the bios settings as well as the CMOS. Any help would be great.

Solution
1| Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date?
2| Can you please pass on your full system's specs inclusive of your OS?
3| When trying to install your OS, making a BOOT drive, you should always connect the BOOT drive off of the first SATA port that is powered natively by the chipset i.e H61.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date?
2| Can you please pass on your full system's specs inclusive of your OS?
3| When trying to install your OS, making a BOOT drive, you should always connect the BOOT drive off of the first SATA port that is powered natively by the chipset i.e H61.

Solution