Question Boot/DRAM Q-LEDs on

TheHazza

Honorable
Dec 25, 2014
Ive had a pc I built previously but am upgrading and am having issues.

The system is
GPU: RTX 2080
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Mobo: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wifi)
RAM: 2 sets of 2×8GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3600HMz
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750W G2
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO m.2 1TB + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD + 120GB Kingston SSD

Of that the Mobo, RAM, m.2 drive and CPU are new.

When I turn on the PC after assembly the DRAM and boot qLEDs are on meaning a problem with both. I began testing each individual RAM stick in each port and it appears that the DRAM light is no no matter what RAM and what port but the Boot qLED only appears when I use either the B2 or A2 ports, regardless of which of the 4 RAM sticks are used.

I assume the motherboard has some kind of issue with the RAM ports but the Boot light has me confused. Any help and recommendations would be appreciated.

Strip your setup down to the fewest parts possible. Motherboard, CPU, GPU and 1 stick of RAM in DIMM slot B2, with no drives connected. First clear the CMOS and then boot to see if you can get into the BIOS. If that does not work, boot your setup outside the case.

Ok so I tried both and in both situations i cannot enter BIOS and the DRAM and boot Q-LEDs are on.

Anything else I should try doing?
Are you certain your motherboard supports Ryzen 5000 series CPU's? According to your motherboards support page you need at least BIOS version 1004 to run a 5600X.

TheHazza

Honorable
Dec 25, 2014
Are you certain your motherboard supports Ryzen 5000 series CPU's? According to your motherboards support page you need at least BIOS version 1004 to run a 5600X.

So the motherboard has boot flashback which allowed me to update the firmware to the latest version which supports 5000 series cpus.

The problem is still there even after doing the flashback, I get a screen that says "Press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting" but neither actually does anything. Still has the DRAM and Boot Q-LEDs on.

So the motherboard has boot flashback which allowed me to update the firmware to the latest version which supports 5000 series cpus.

The problem is still there even after doing the flashback, I get a screen that says "Press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting" but neither actually does anything. Still has the DRAM and Boot Q-LEDs on.
Try clearing the CMOS again and boot with all USB devices unplugged. If that does not help try doing the same thing again but this time with all the drives disconnected as well.