Question Boot drive detected but windows not booting??

Nov 25, 2022
Hi, I'm new here just for this. There's so much information I want to give that I don't know where to start but here goes. I bought a sata kingston ssd to replace an older one I have and I had that and two "bad" hdd's, all of their data copied to the kingston. Everything was fine until today when I had the amazing idea of checking if the older drives worked. They did (but when I plugged the hdd's for some reason windows 8 started), but now when I try to boot into windows it detects the drive and not where windows is supposedly installed (I know a bit about computers but clearly not enough). It just shows the not boot drive detected black screen, it sometimes works when I swap which ssd I want to boot from but I need to go into the bios and tell it to boot from where windows is installed not the drive itself. It's not feasible to keep on doing that so I want to know if I bricked my computer by plugging some hdd's or if there's anything I can do to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

It's important to note that after I turn it off when it successfully boots, it immediately defaults to the first picture.

Here is when the bios doesn't detect windows:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/459ssoMQvxaP1j11A

Here is when it does after I switch to the other ssd (I switch it to first in the boot order but always start in second):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FjsQX7Giwf7BrWDY9

It is the same drive that shows up as P0, once as legacy boot and once as uefi boot.
If you go into BBS priority right below the list you can sort the disks and put the one that boots into windows 10 on top. Right now a 120Gb gigabyte ssd is set as the first drive in BBS priority so your PC is trying to start from that.

Nov 25, 2022
It is the same drive that shows up as P0, once as legacy boot and once as uefi boot.
If you go into BBS priority right below the list you can sort the disks and put the one that boots into windows 10 on top. Right now a 120Gb gigabyte ssd is set as the first drive in BBS priority so your PC is trying to start from that.
Thanks for taking the time to answer. The problem is that if it doesn't appear as in the second picture, I have no way of telling it that I want that drive, I just can't wrap my head around why it doesn't want to boot where it needs to. I'm kind hoping it fixes itself overnight

As clarification, every time I'm trying to turn on the computer with only one drive.

Also something I discovered is that if I press f12 for the boot menu it shows the same single useless drive as the first picture, but below that, a blank option that if I select it, it magically starts windows as if nothing happened.