Question Boot drive Intel SATA SSD vs Crucial P1 1TB

hitec16

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
I have windows 10 pro installed on Intel 240GB 730 series SATA SSD. I have now bought Crucial P1 1000GB SSD NVME.
Should I install Windows 10 in Crucial SSD and make it a Boot drive? I occasionally play games but I needed a bigger drive to keep them installed. Is it worth reinstalling windows in crucial ssd or Intel 730series SSD is fine.

PC Config
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2600
MOBO: Asus Prime X470
RAM : 16GB DDR4

Lutfij

Titan
That actually depends on you. Did you buy the larger drive to consolidate all your installed apps/games on one drive? If so, then yes, reinstall the OS on the NVME drive and you can have all your daily driven apps on that one drive.

Keep in mind, though that it's ill advice to create multiple partitions on an SSD since it deteriorates the drive. n fact the partitions created during OS install don't do any harm to the drive(I'm talking about the system reserved/backup partitions created when you click on install).

hitec16

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
That actually depends on you. Did you buy the larger drive to consolidate all your installed apps/games on one drive? If so, then yes, reinstall the OS on the NVME drive and you can have all your daily driven apps on that one drive.

Keep in mind, though that it's ill advice to create multiple partitions on an SSD since it deteriorates the drive. n fact the partitions created during OS install don't do any harm to the drive(I'm talking about the system reserved/backup partitions created when you click on install).

Thanks for the reply. I bought it to consolidate all games in one drive. But now I am wondering if installing OS in this drive will make any noticeable difference. I like to keep my OS drive with software separate and all the games in a different SSD. So in terms of OS and app launch speed will I see any significant change? else I will go with initally plan to just install games in crucial p1 drive.