Feb 28, 2021
I've noticed a problem where my boot drives will reset configuration whenever I manually reset my PC (its a ~1 week old one). I have to reenter the BIOS and reconfigure the priority to my Windows Boot Drive every time it happens. It only happens on manual restarts. Auto restarts by updates or shutdowns/sleep and waking up do not affect the Boot Drive Priority. Does anyone know why?

P.S. I have 2 drives, one NVME SSD + 1 HDD and I am using a B450 AORUS Pro Wifi Motherboard if that helps.

Solution
Is this a prebuild or did you put it together?
Also listing the hardware helps people coming up with solutions.
What springs to mind first is some issue with the bios so you should check the mobo webpage to see if there is a newer bios there, but it could also just be an issue of resetting the current bios to defaults saving the settings and then setting up the bios freshly.
Is this a prebuild or did you put it together?
Also listing the hardware helps people coming up with solutions.
What springs to mind first is some issue with the bios so you should check the mobo webpage to see if there is a newer bios there, but it could also just be an issue of resetting the current bios to defaults saving the settings and then setting up the bios freshly.

Reactions: Aaavng
Solution
Feb 28, 2021
This is a self-built PC, been wanting to build one for a while and finally got to doing it. I thought that was enough hardware already but here's the list:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler)
MOBO: Gigabyte B450 AORUS Pro Wifi
GPU: Zotac Gaming RTX 2060
RAM: 16GB 3200MHz Klevv DDR4 (2 x 8GB) [installed in Dual channel]
PSU: SuperFlower 650W 80+ Gold
SSD: 512GB Adata XPG SX8200 M.2 NVMe PCIe
HDD: 2TB Toshiba P300
Case: Tecware Forge L

Yep there's a newer BIOS available but I haven't gotten around to updating it as I'm not very sure how to do so and if it will still support my CPU. My current BIOS is the 3rd from the top. (F60h is the newest, mine is currently F51). If possible could you tell me if it is safe to update my BIOS?

pob5kUUBp

Oh ok I'll try resetting to default too! Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS