Question Boot error message

Angelspitz

Reputable
Aug 22, 2016
The full error message says - "After setting up Intel(R) Optane Memory or the RAID configuration was built, SATA mode selection must be changed to RAID mode to avoid unknown issues"

Now I've had this issue before and bumped in to a thread where I ended up replacing the CMOS battery and everything worked well after that.

Unfortunately, that is not the case anymore and this issue keeps repeating itself after a new battery was installed. Basically this error prevents me from saving bios settings as every time I open my PC this error pops up and I have to press F1 over and over again to save my preferred options. Note that I am not overclocking at this point and I can't think of any other reason why this keeps happening.

The computer is working fine now. At least. Is this already a problem with one of my components? My Motherboard perhaps?

Angelspitz

Reputable
Aug 22, 2016
Here is the full list:

CPU: i5-8600k
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-F
Ram: Corsair Vengenace RGB (8x2) 3200 MHz
SSD/HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB / Western Digital 1TB
GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti SC2
PSU: Seasonic M12ii 620w 80+ Bronze
Chassis: NZXT S340 Elite

BIOS: Version 2401 x64 build date 7/12/2019

Angelspitz

Reputable
Aug 22, 2016
Now i've tried to reset bios by removing the cmos battery, waiting for 10-15 minutes and putting it back again.

Turned on the PSU, rgb lights in the motherboard turns on but when I hit the power button, it doesn't turn on.