Boot Error Windows 10 - 0xc000000e

Marc Maronian

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
Hello,

I just purchased a brand new Solid State hard drive for my PC. My old setup had two harddrives in the machine. (C drive and a D drive. Both regular disc drives with seta ports).

I replaced the C drive with my new solid state drive and moved the old C drive and it was formated to now represent my D drive. So now I have it as follows:

C drive (New Solid State)
D drive (Originally my C drive)

I did a clean install of Windows 10 on the new drive and formated my D drive. Everytime I boot I get the boot error 0xc000000e. Once I am at this screen I can Ctr Alt Del and it reboots and gets into Windows everytime. It is when I power down my machine and attempt to boot up is when I get this error. I checked the forum and people have given multiple suggestions but I am not sure where to go from here. I cant seem to find a solution knowing that this is a clean CLEAN install.

Any help would be great.

Thank you,
Marc

Solution
When you formatted D, did you delete all the partitions and leave it blank , or did you just delete the partition C was on?

You see, when Windows 10 installs it creates a hidden boot partition and if all you did was delete the partition windows was on, the hidden one still remains.

And the way the bios works now is it scans every drive connected to it at boot and looks for a particular file name and it may still be on both your drives, so your bios may be looking at the wrong drive and causing that error.

Do you get the error if D drive isn't in the PC?

Colif

Win 11 Master
When you formatted D, did you delete all the partitions and leave it blank , or did you just delete the partition C was on?

You see, when Windows 10 installs it creates a hidden boot partition and if all you did was delete the partition windows was on, the hidden one still remains.

And the way the bios works now is it scans every drive connected to it at boot and looks for a particular file name and it may still be on both your drives, so your bios may be looking at the wrong drive and causing that error.

Do you get the error if D drive isn't in the PC?

Solution