Question Boot error

Jan 6, 2020
So I performed a build outside the chassis... got everything up and running and loaded windows. All was well so I installed the motherboard in the chassis. When I powered it up, windows came up but my fans weren’t spinning. I quickly powered down and tried a quick reboot and turned that off quickly before a full boot could occur.
I then discovered I hadn’t hooked the sata connection to the fans, did this and powered up.

fans spun, all looked well, but now the system freezes on the bios logo screen and the boot LED comes up. It gives me the display to press f12, etc, the keyboard lights up, but pressing the keys does nothing.

ive tried resetting the bios and popping out the MB battery for a minute and rebooting, but same result every time.

thoughts?

Jan 6, 2020
Update... i can get into the BIOS menu if I remove the ssd... I’m presuming I need to make some changes in the BIOS settings before I put the drive back in (and that my ssd didn’t suddenly break when it was working just fine prior to this). However, I have no idea what settings I should be tweaking... I’d almost like to restore it to “factory defaults”, which I tried to do, but it still lists windows boot sequence as its go-to of choice