Boot Failure After Crash

Nov 30, 2018
I recently installed an asus wifi card and started up the computer just fine. The wifi speed was great and I was able to load up some games with my friends. In the middle of the game the computer freezes entirely with no response at all to anything. I waited about 10 minutes and eventually hit the power button. It loads up disk repair twice and now it just tells me to select a boot device or insert boot media. None of the selections work and the bios isnt really helpful.

Ralston18

Titan
Open the case and double check that everything is fully and firmly connected. You may have bumped something loose.

Possibly a data or power cable to the drive(s).

Look in Event Viewer for error codes and warnings. May provide some additional details about the freezes.

Nov 30, 2018
It's not a cable, everything is all wired up. I cant even boot up. I can get to the bios and that is it. I cant figure out how to boot it up. It just tells me to find a boot device or insert media. When I put in the boot media I had when I built it, it takes me to windows installation and then freezes.

Nov 30, 2018
MSI B450M motherboard
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI GTX1070
Seasonic PSU
Ripjaws 8gb Ram
Kingston 120 Gb SSD
WD Blue 1tb hard drive
ASUS Wifi card
Windows 10 Home

The game was Crusader Kings 2 and I loaded it from the SSD which is also where my OS is.

Nov 30, 2018
The PSU wattage is 520 and the pc was built in just 2 months ago. All parts except the wifi card and gpu are brand new and have been working fine since I got them. It has something to do with it freezing and I turning off the system mid freeze. The game I dont know what you mean but it's from Steam and it's made by Paradox.

Also I can get into the bios but I cannot get to safe mode.

Ralston18

Titan
In BIOS - what is the device boot order?

OS is on the SSD then SSD should be the first boot device. Disconnect the WD drive and try booting your system again.

And, just for the record, "brand new" does not mean that any given component cannot or has not failed. All components must be tested and proven to be functional.

Nov 30, 2018
The boot order starts with the SSD and then the preselected order follows after that. The 1tb harddrive is about 6th in line and after disconnecting it, I still receive the boot device notification. I changed the order around aswell and all yield the same result.

The drive is likely deceased. RIP, What you might do is take it to another machine . Likely will not operate. There is no other way to be sure.Once in the other machine, retrieve your data using a USB drive. Otherwise you may not see it again without further efforts. Thing that strikes me is that if it were just a result from a freeze in a d/l op then you might have disk errors, solved by check disk. But here you seem to have no disk.