[SOLVED] Boot Failure Detected On Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5

sbrader

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
Whenever I change any clock or voltage settings etc to any value even underclock to 1ghz I get boot failure detected error message.

I have already replaced the cmos battery and reset cmos countless times to no avail and I have also tried updating the bios to the latest F23d.

Im at a loss for what I can do to fix this; searched google and cant find anything that seems to be the same issue im facing. I can only get my pc to boot with all clock settings set to automatic/defaults but even underclocking to 1ghz I get failure to boot!

Im not too bothered about cpu overclocking I can do that with ryzen master but there isnt enough timing settings etc in ryzen master to get my 3200mhz ram to boot at anything but automatic/2133 even xmp set to 2133 doesnt work. I know ryzen has bad ram compat but thats not the issue as I did have it running before with custom timings at 3200 before this strange issue.

I hope this is the correct forum for this.
thanks

Solution
To anyone wondering, I just solved this issue by flashing an older version of BIOS, that just supports Pinnacle Ridge processors. Namely F20. I used @BIOS for the flashing, then the CMOS clear button on the motherboard. Can play around with voltages/frequencies now! :)

sbrader

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
its not that though its any voltage or frequency setting for cpu or ram in bios except auto doesnt boot even if set to lower than stock frequency only auto settings work even manual set to 2133 ram doesnt work but auto which does same speed works which is just so odd

Are you overclocking the CPU at the same time?

sbrader

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
no I have tried setting everything to default and then only manually setting cpu to stock 3.2ghz and even tried 1ghz with ram and everything but cpu clock left on auto and get boot error everything to do with voltage and clock speed being changed causes the boot error no matter the value must be faulty motherboard it seems Ive replaced the cmos battery and that didnt work. It saves other settings like the date and time its only any clock or voltage change makes the pc not boot no matter what I set it to

Just to be clear, are you sure you are saving the BIOS settings correctly?

Save & Exit Setup
Press <Enter> on this item and select Yes. This saves the changes to the CMOS and exits the BIOS Setup program.

sbrader

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
yes and it only boots if i set to optimized defaults/auto anything but auto on clocks or volatage doesnt boot even if its the stock or below stock setting

sbrader

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
ram is corsair vengance 3200mhz cl16 16gb and i have had it running at 3200 previously the issue im having now is not related to the ram or cpu its a motherboard or bios issue causing any setting
other than auto to not work even if I set it to same stock setting which auto does which is why the issue is so odd that even stock setting just being set manually doesnt work but auto does work

Your motherboard has CPU/VGA/DRAM/BOOT (Status LED's), is that the "boot failure detected error message" you are referring to?

CPU: CPU status LED
VGA: Graphics card status LED
DRAM: Memory status LED
BOOT: Operating system status LED

So what do the Status LED's show when this happens? Does one of the Status LED's stay on?

CPU/VGA/DRAM/BOOT (Status LEDs)
The status LEDs show whether the CPU, graphics card, memory, and operating system are working properly after system power-on. If the CPU/VGA/DRAM LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working normally; if the BOOT LED is on, that means you haven't entered the operating system yet.

Jan 6, 2019
Was there ever a solution to this problem? I am having the exact same problem now and cant figure out what to do. I have noticed that when it says boot failure and brings up the BIOS, it asks you to load optimized defaults but if I press escape it will say "exit without saving changes?" And I press yes and then the PC will boot. This is telling me that it is not a problem with the actual settings because the settings boot fine when I do that.

Feb 1, 2019
To anyone wondering, I just solved this issue by flashing an older version of BIOS, that just supports Pinnacle Ridge processors. Namely F20. I used @BIOS for the flashing, then the CMOS clear button on the motherboard. Can play around with voltages/frequencies now! :)

Solution