Question Boot-failure with Zotac 2070s on Gigabyte Z390M Gaming board ?

Sep 3, 2021
Hey guys, i'm new here and have a question which I couldn't find answer to anywhere.

I have a gigabyte z390m gaming with i7 9700k and 16gb hyper x predator 3200. I'm using windows 11, btw.

My Zotac 2070s cant boot with this computer and i dont know why. It boots with my Rx 570, my 1660s, but dont, with my 2070s. At first, i thought it could be the gpu. But my second pc boots with it. Its a biostar b450 with an athlon.

A friend brought his pc so i could test with a 3rd system, a gigabyte mobo (dont remember model) with a r5 1600, and it booted. With my actual computer, the system looks to start, but i dont get video. Nothing at all. My monitor give No Signal from the very start, i cant see even the bios.

Sep 3, 2021
Have you tried on another PCI-E slot? Ypur Mobo has the latest BIOS? It's pretty weird since is working in your second Mobo
You have no idea how weird it is.
I'v tried both pci (16 and x8). Tried gen 3 to one, speed. Tried changing my processor to a spare mobo, h310 that i have. Tried a low end psu that i have (600w bronze one from corsair).
My 2070s wont give screen with my intel processor (only piece that i diddnt change because i don have a 1151 spare processor) . System seems to boot, everything start, but i get black screen with No Signal (using hdmi or display port). I dont know how to proceed to keep debugging

vargasbill

Reputable
May 22, 2019
You have no idea how weird it is.
I'v tried both pci (16 and x8). Tried gen 3 to one, speed. Tried changing my processor to a spare mobo, h310 that i have. Tried a low end psu that i have (600w bronze one from corsair).
My 2070s wont give screen with my intel processor (only piece that i diddnt change because i don have a 1151 spare processor) . System seems to boot, everything start, but i get black screen with No Signal (using hdmi or display port). I dont know how to proceed to keep debugging
In your second rig, does the GPU works well? I've seen that sometimes a black screen but PC booting can be some VRAM failure.